Dr. Nichter discusses the Top 5 characteristics of the neck that he evaluates for potential improvement.
- Amount of fat beneath your chin – younger patients may just need liposuction.
- Platysma bands – Located in the front of the neck. Muscles that separate and present themselves as 2 bands (a.k.a Number 11 bands).
- Amount of redundant skin – The amount of loose skin will determine if a surgical or non-surgical procedure is needed.
- Skin quality – Skin texture, acne, age spots or sun spots, broken capillaries, volume or lack of volume, fine lines and wrinkles are all taken into consideration when assessing what treatment or procedure is necessary.
- Misc. features – A prominent mandibular gland or recessed chin